Since 1946, Wagner Pharmacy Company has been serving the pharmaceutical needs of Clinton’s elderly. As a fixture in the community for over 60 years, we pride ourselves on offering the highest level of patient and facility service in the region. In 2007, we branched off of our parent company to create a more senior care focused pharmacy, called Wrightway LTC Pharmacy. As our elder populations steadily grow, we felt the change was necessary to focus our efforts on these key patients, and make sure they get the special attention they deserve. Our services are many, and while they are very patient centric, the benefits to the facilities we serve are also undeniable. Read on and see what Wrightway LTC Pharmacy can do for your patients and your facility.
Wrightway LTC Pharmacy provides prescription services focused on two goals:
• Patient Outcomes
• Cost Outcomes
To accomplish these goals, we provide an on-site consultant pharmacist to your facility to supervise all prescription activities, including:
• Receipt and dissemination of medications and supplies
• Medication Storage
• Medication Administration
• Side effect monitoring
• Medication therapy management
• Cost and patient outcomes analyses
Our unit-of-use medication packaging
• Administration is simple and accurate for the professionals serving your residents.
• Our labeling system ensures that your staff has all the information they’ll need to administer the medications and easily monitor for the most common side effects of the medication
• Reorder the medication with simplicity via telephone or via our faxable reorder templates.
With the use of QuickMAR software presription services have never been more efficient. Unlike conventional methods of processing information QuickMAR software reduces the possibility of human error while saving you both time and energy.
How can QuickMAR improve facilities?
Reduce Med Errors
• Meds appear only when they are due
• Alerts remind you if you miss a med
• Bar code scanning ensures you pick the right meds
• You are reminded when PRN follow-ups are due
• Reports show results and help spot problems
• Resident photo ensures right resident
QuickMAR guides you through the med pass
• Meds appear only when due
• Instructions are easy to read
• Visual cues let you know who has had their meds and who has not
Communicate Changes Easily
• Schedule upcoming med changes, they appear or disappear on schedule
• Recent changes are flagged in the med pass
• Gatekeeper feature requires you to acknowledge order changes
• Changes come automatically from your pharmacy partner (Pro version only)
Save time—up to 50% on large med passes
• Bar codes and scanner let you quickly pick the right meds
• Record results in just a few clicks
• Exceptions noted with one click
• PRNs recorded easily
Rich Reporting Features
• Spot missed meds
• Find meds given later or earlier than scheduled
• Identify PRNs not followed-up on
• Print clean MARs that are easy to read
• Print a current Physician’s Orders (PO) report when needed
The fastest in the area, Wrightway LTC Pharmacy provides 24/7 prescription delivery services
• ASAP delivery for urgent medications and STAT orders
• Multiple daily deliveries for scheduled medications
Pharmacy hours are 8:00 to 6:00 daily, but services run 24/7 on an emergency basis. Our pharmacists are available by pager for after hours service.
State and Federal Regulatory Compliance
Our on-site pharmacists are experts on all regulatory issues, and can help your facility become more compliant throughout your facility’s various surveys and audits.
• State and federal regulations
• OBRA-87 regulations for Medicare & Medicaid.
In a recent report “Trends in Nursing Home Deficiencies and Complaints” from the Office of Inspector General; “Pharmacy Services” :
• 7th most cited deficient category
• Experienced the greatest increase in deficiencies over the span of the survey performed (from 2005 to 2007)
• The same report cited the most common deficiencies as quality of care, resident assessment, and quality of life.
We realize our services are integral to your facility’s performance and compliance with all regulations, and our on-site pharmacists and support staff pledge to remain dedicated to improving your facility’s compliance with all federal and state regulations.
Consultant Pharmacist Services
Wrightway Pharmacy’s consultant pharmacists are experts in elderly care, and are all Certified Geriatric Pharmacists. They use this expertise to perfect the therapeutic regimens of each patient in your facility, ensuring that a thorough pharmacotherapeutic and pharmacoeconomic analysis is performed and a routine follow up for all.
Our consultant pharmacists refer to the American Geriatric Society’s standards of care and reference “Geriatrics At Your Fingertips” to personalize therapeutic regimens and screen for individual appropriateness.
• The American Geriatrics Society is the leading clinical society devoted to the care of older adults and their guidelines represent the highest level of care available in the industry.
Consultant pharmacist activities can have an immediate effect on your patient’s care:
• Quality of care
• Quality of life
• Costs to your facility through preventative monitoring aimed at reducing:
• Drug-drug and drug-disease interactions
• Under- or over-medicating
• Adverse events
• Reduced Hospitalizations
• Reduced time spent in skilled care
Educational programs and in-services aimed at improving your staff’s knowledge are also provided to your facility. Areas in which our pharmacists specialize include:
Memory Loss & Dementia
Falls in the Elderly
Our pharmacists can also provide guidance regarding reimbursement and insurance issues for your facility.
DME Supply Service
Wrightway Home Medical Supply will directly supply your facility with an extensive array of products at economical rates that will help your facility cut costs.
Some products we offer include:
||Lobby & Lounge Furniture|
||Maintenance & Janitorial Supplies|
|Bathing Safety Supplies
||Patient Room Furniture|
|Medication, Utility & Linen Carts
||Personal Care Products|
||PT / OT Equipment & Supplies|
|Commodes & Shower Chairs
||Pillow Cases & Mattress Pads|
||Position & Restraint Products|
|Curtains & Draperies
|Cushions, Overlays, & Pads
|Dining/Activity Room Furniture
||Respiratory Supplies & Equipment|
|Disposable Med-Surg Supplies
||Scales & Ramps|
|Enteral Feeding SUpplies
||Suction Supplies & Daily Living Aids|
|Geri Chairs & Recliners
|Hot/Cold Therapy Products
||Towels & Wash Cloths|
||Videos & Entertainment|
|In-service & Presentation Equipment
||Walkers & Canes|
|Lifts & Slings
All durable medical products and facility supplies are supplied with flat fee to your facility with additional discounting that can be obtained with incrementally large monthly orders.
Wrightway Pharmacy has four pharmacists on staff that are certified to administer vaccines.
All billing is per patient and handled off site by our billing specialists.
There is no cost to your facility for this service and our our goal to help reduce morbidity for your facility’s residents.
We currently offer the following vaccinations:
|Hepatitis A & B